ggerber7

I am retired and receive SS. Medicare is deducted from my SS each month. Why are my Medicare payments not included on my Ohio State Schedule A line 32 worksheet on line 4

I am retired and receive Soc Sec. Medicare is automatically deducted from my Soc Sec each month. Why are my Medicare payments not included on my Ohio State Schedule A line 32 worksheet  on line 4?

Hal_Al

For medical deductions, Ohio uses the same rule as the federal return; only your total medical expenses (including medicare & other insurance premiums) that exceed 7.5% of your AGI are deductible. You didn't have enough other medical expenses. 
Medicare is considered as "subsidized" for the special Ohio treatment of subsidized medical insurance so you don't get that either

Hal_Al