turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ggerber7

I am retired and receive SS. Medicare is deducted from my SS each month. Why are my Medicare payments not included on my Ohio State Schedule A line 32 worksheet on line 4

I am retired and receive Soc Sec. Medicare is automatically deducted from my Soc Sec each month. Why are my Medicare payments not included on my Ohio State Schedule A line 32 worksheet  on line 4?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

I am retired and receive SS. Medicare is deducted from my SS each month. Why are my Medicare payments not included on my Ohio State Schedule A line 32 worksheet on line 4

For medical deductions, Ohio uses the same rule as the federal return; only your total medical expenses (including medicare & other insurance premiums) that exceed 7.5% of your AGI are deductible. You didn't have enough other medical expenses. 
Medicare is considered as "subsidized" for the special Ohio treatment of subsidized medical insurance so you don't get that either

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Hal_Al
Level 15

For medical deductions, Ohio uses the same rule as the federal return; only your total medical expenses (including medicare & other insurance premiums) that exceed 7.5% of your AGI are deductible. You didn't have enough other medical expenses. 
Medicare is considered as "subsidized" for the special Ohio treatment of subsidized medical insurance so you don't get that either

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies