turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jlfinch60

I am filing for a trust that was entirely funded by my now deceased parents annuities. I need to file 3 1099-R's but Turbo Tax Business does not have a place for 1099's.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am filing for a trust that was entirely funded by my now deceased parents annuities. I need to file 3 1099-R's but Turbo Tax Business does not have a place for 1099's.

"I need to file 3 1099-R's but Turbo Tax Business does not have a place..."

TurboTax Business does not contain a screen dedicated to the entry of information from a 1099-R. In most instances, following the procedures outlined below will give you the correct result.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow the steps below to enter the   amount on Form 1099-R (Box 2a) that is treated as ordinary income  :

1) Click the Federal Taxes tab and then click "Income".

2) Click the Start (or Update) button to the right of "Other income or loss".

3) On the Other Income page, enter "1099-R Box 2a" as the description (see first screenshot).

4) Enter the amount treated as ordinary income in Box 2a under "Amount" and click the Continue button.

5) Go into Forms mode (upper right side of screen). 

6) Under "Forms in My Return" (upper left side of screen), look for "Form 1041" and click that form.

7) Ensure that the Box 2a amount appears on Form 1041, Line 8, Other income. (see second screenshot).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

"I need to file 3 1099-R's but Turbo Tax Business does not have a place..."

TurboTax Business does not contain a screen dedicated to the entry of information from a 1099-R. In most instances, following the procedures outlined below will give you the correct result.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow the steps below to enter the   amount on Form 1099-R (Box 2a) that is treated as ordinary income  :

1) Click the Federal Taxes tab and then click "Income".

2) Click the Start (or Update) button to the right of "Other income or loss".

3) On the Other Income page, enter "1099-R Box 2a" as the description (see first screenshot).

4) Enter the amount treated as ordinary income in Box 2a under "Amount" and click the Continue button.

5) Go into Forms mode (upper right side of screen). 

6) Under "Forms in My Return" (upper left side of screen), look for "Form 1041" and click that form.

7) Ensure that the Box 2a amount appears on Form 1041, Line 8, Other income. (see second screenshot).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies