turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

reherbst

I am creating a W-2 in Quicken Employer Forms. For some reason I see on the final W-2 that the retirement contribution has not been deducted from the wages box 1? whynot

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LindaB1993
Expert Alumni

I am creating a W-2 in Quicken Employer Forms. For some reason I see on the final W-2 that the retirement contribution has not been deducted from the wages box 1? whynot

In the quick employer forms database, the auto calculations feature is not present.  Unfortunately, you will need to enter the numbers based on the detail in your payroll report.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
reherbst

Thank you for the response.  What was most confusing to me is that for the past 3 years I have used the QEF and  this auto-calculation (subtraction of box 12 retirement contributions to compute box 1 wages) has worked.  Maybe they turned it off this year for some reason?  Oh well.  Per your advice, I'll just do the calculation manually.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies