Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a retired Florida resident.Turbo tax mentioned a Florida tax return to mail in. I have using Turbo Tax for several years and never mailed a return to Florida.What G

I have have never mailed a tax return to Florida for the past several years that i have been using Turbo Tax. Slightly confused.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am a retired Florida resident.Turbo tax mentioned a Florida tax return to mail in. I have using Turbo Tax for several years and never mailed a return to Florida.What G

"Turbo tax mentioned a Florida tax return to mail in."

Florida does not have an individual income tax so there is nothing you need to mail to the state. 

The Florida return is for owners of Florida-located businesses and rental real estate who have assets to report; you should have chosen to skip the Florida return since it is obviously inapplicable to your tax situation.

You will not be able to delete the Florida return if you registered your free version of TurboTax, but you can otherwise ignore the return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

"Turbo tax mentioned a Florida tax return to mail in."

Florida does not have an individual income tax so there is nothing you need to mail to the state. 

The Florida return is for owners of Florida-located businesses and rental real estate who have assets to report; you should have chosen to skip the Florida return since it is obviously inapplicable to your tax situation.

You will not be able to delete the Florida return if you registered your free version of TurboTax, but you can otherwise ignore the return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies