Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a full time resident of Florida but receive retirement income 1099 R from the State of Utah do I need to file Utah State tax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Phillip1

I am a full time resident of Florida but receive retirement income 1099 R from the State of Utah do I need to file Utah State tax.

No.

Retirement income paid from the state of Utah is not considered Utah source income for nonresidents:

Utah Source Income includes the following:

• All income or loss earned while a Utah resident regardless of source.
  • Income or loss from ownership in real or tangible personal property located in Utah.
  • Income or loss from intangible personal property (such as annuities, dividends, interest, etc.) if it is from property used to conduct business in Utah.
  • Income or loss from carrying on a trade or business in Utah.
  • Instances where an individual took a subtraction from Utah taxable income in a previous year for a Utah Educational Savings Plan (UESP), and is required to include that subtraction back as an addition to income for this year.
  • A person’s share of any gain, loss, interest, or deduction derived from or connected with Utah sources that has been allocated to them as a beneficiary of a trust, real estate investment trust, or a pass-through entity (an entity taxed as a partnership or S-corporation).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Phillip1

No.

Retirement income paid from the state of Utah is not considered Utah source income for nonresidents:

Utah Source Income includes the following:

• All income or loss earned while a Utah resident regardless of source.
  • Income or loss from ownership in real or tangible personal property located in Utah.
  • Income or loss from intangible personal property (such as annuities, dividends, interest, etc.) if it is from property used to conduct business in Utah.
  • Income or loss from carrying on a trade or business in Utah.
  • Instances where an individual took a subtraction from Utah taxable income in a previous year for a Utah Educational Savings Plan (UESP), and is required to include that subtraction back as an addition to income for this year.
  • A person’s share of any gain, loss, interest, or deduction derived from or connected with Utah sources that has been allocated to them as a beneficiary of a trust, real estate investment trust, or a pass-through entity (an entity taxed as a partnership or S-corporation).
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies