Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mem-mee4
Returning Member

I am 76 years old. retired several years ago. .. i filed self employed last year for 2019, but I had some bad health problems. should i file just federal for 2020?

do i need to start all over, to file just federal,? and how do I do that?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am 76 years old. retired several years ago. .. i filed self employed last year for 2019, but I had some bad health problems. should i file just federal for 2020?

That depends if you had enough taxable income int 2020 to require filing.

If self-employed in 2020 and more than $400 SE income then you must file, otherwise if your income is less than $14,500 and single then you need not file.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
mem-mee4
Returning Member

Mac_user 22

Thanks for replying.. I’m a 76 yr. old retired Hairstylist . Living off of my late husband pension,  but I still would go to customers homes . Never made over 400. But I got to use the deductions.. but last year, hardly  worked at all ,! So even deductions were neel..   What do you think? Is best for me to do ? Stay with Self-Employed or federal ez?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies