turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sdcolon1

I am 100% disabled Veteran and my Husband is 80% disabled Veteran. what are we required to file since we do not file taxes?

I was told we had to file some form in order for us to recieve the stimulus checks?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

I am 100% disabled Veteran and my Husband is 80% disabled Veteran. what are we required to file since we do not file taxes?

From the IRS:

I am not typically required to file a tax return. Can I still receive my payment?

Yes. The IRS will use the information on the Form SSA-1099 or Form RRB-1099 to generate Economic Impact Payments to recipients of benefits reflected in the Form SSA-1099 or Form RRB-1099 who are not required to file a tax return and did not file a return for 2018 or 2019. This includes senior citizens, Social Security recipients and railroad retirees who are not otherwise required to file a tax return.

Since the IRS would not have information regarding any dependents for these people, each person would receive $1,200 per person, without the additional amount for any dependents at this time.

Stimulus

@sdcolon1

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies