Solved: How should I answer this question: "Was this pension received from YOUR employment as a public safety officer...?" I was not, but my former husband was a firefighter.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I answer this question: "Was this pension received from YOUR employment as a public safety officer...?" I was not, but my former husband was a firefighter.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 4

How should I answer this question: "Was this pension received from YOUR employment as a public safety officer...?" I was not, but my former husband was a firefighter.

Since your former husband was a public safety officer and it is retirement income from his account, you should answer Yes to this question. The program is trying to determine what type of retirement income was received. Even though you are receiving the income, the question pertains to the person who qualified for the retirement benefits.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 4

Since your former husband was a public safety officer and it is retirement income from his account, you should answer Yes to this question. The program is trying to determine what type of retirement income was received. Even though you are receiving the income, the question pertains to the person who qualified for the retirement benefits.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings