knighttrain

How much of my 1099 income came from foriegn countries. I can't find this information on my 1099.

I can see the amount of tax paid, but can't find out how much the dividend is from the foriegn country

rogge1722

In addition to the 1099-DIV, the broker/payer normally issues a document usually referred to as “Statement of Additional Information” or “Year-End Summary Information” or similarly titled.  With this document, the starting point is the Foreign Tax data.  It will list all the companies, the country and the tax paid by each company.  Then cull through the qualified and unqualified lists to locate each company and extract the dividends paid.

For mutual funds that are “Global”, somewhere on their website they will have a list of all the funds that have domestic/foreign dividends paid and will give a ratio that you can use to calculate the foreign amount.

rogge1722