turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I revise my input to check for the Retirement Savings contribution Credit? I can't go back.

I need to revise my input in the Retirement Savings Contribution Credit.  I was a full-time student for only three months, I answered the question wrong.  I can't see how to go back and revise my answer, it just says I'm not eligible.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB
Expert Alumni

How do I revise my input to check for the Retirement Savings contribution Credit? I can't go back.

Please follow these instructions to edit your answer:

1. On “Your 2018 Deduction &Credit” screen scroll down to “Retirement Savings Contribution Credit” and click “Update
  2. On the “Summary of Your Retirement Savings Contribution Credit” screen click “Continue” (ignore that is says you do not qualify)
  3. Click “continue” until it the question “Were you a full-time student during any five months of 2018?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanaB
Expert Alumni

Please follow these instructions to edit your answer:

1. On “Your 2018 Deduction &Credit” screen scroll down to “Retirement Savings Contribution Credit” and click “Update
  2. On the “Summary of Your Retirement Savings Contribution Credit” screen click “Continue” (ignore that is says you do not qualify)
  3. Click “continue” until it the question “Were you a full-time student during any five months of 2018?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies