turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dias001001
Returning Member

How do I report the data on my tax return when the Form 1099- B show the basis as being missing?

Subscriptions to the account were made on a monthly basis over many years in varying amounts and I do not have a log of the amounts.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LeonardS
Expert Alumni

How do I report the data on my tax return when the Form 1099- B show the basis as being missing?

If the statement from your broker does not have the cost basis then you will have to determine the cost basis.

This link to the TurboTax help page How do I find a stock's cost basis if I don't know when it was purchased? has information that you may find useful.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dias001001
Returning Member

Subscription to the fund were made on a monthly basis through payroll deductions, as a result I did not receive any documentation showing the number and price of the shares. As a result, the answer does not help me.  

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Since these were payroll deductions you should be able to get a record of it.  Do you still work at the same company, or do you have access to their HR department.  They may be able to give you additional details.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies