turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stephen10

How do I post income received this year on a 1099 issued just before the end of the year.

I received a 1099 issued just before the end of the 2018, but I did not get the payment until January of this year. I am not sure how to show this.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

How do I post income received this year on a 1099 issued just before the end of the year.

Enter the Form 1099 like normal.  If you want to recognize the income in 2018, you don't have to do anything else.  If you don't want to recognize it since you didn't receive it till 2019, then create a Miscellaneous Business Expense for the same amount.  Be sure to add the income on your 2019 tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Enter the Form 1099 like normal.  If you want to recognize the income in 2018, you don't have to do anything else.  If you don't want to recognize it since you didn't receive it till 2019, then create a Miscellaneous Business Expense for the same amount.  Be sure to add the income on your 2019 tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies