How do I post income received this year on a 1099 issued just before the end of the year.

I received a 1099 issued just before the end of the 2018, but I did not get the payment until January of this year. I am not sure how to show this.

Enter the Form 1099 like normal.  If you want to recognize the income in 2018, you don't have to do anything else.  If you don't want to recognize it since you didn't receive it till 2019, then create a Miscellaneous Business Expense for the same amount.  Be sure to add the income on your 2019 tax return.