turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I pay an additional $2.00 on my Federal return now that I've received a corrected 1099?

After I filed my 2018 return I received corrected 1099s.  I plugged the corrected numbers into TurboTax, and it says I owe an additional $2.00.  I tried to create an Amended Return, but it wouldn't let me file it, saying that I've already filed and it's been accepted. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

How do I pay an additional $2.00 on my Federal return now that I've received a corrected 1099?

If you already filed a return, you are essentially doing an amended return when you entered the corrected 1099.  And amended returns have to be mailed.  The instructions to amend your return are in the link below, although it sounds like you have already done it.  You would only need to print out the Form 1040X and file it by mail.  When you mail the 1040X form, you can include a check for $2, or you can pay it online via this link - IRS - Make a Payment

How do I amend my 2018 return in the TurboTax CD Download version?  Instructions for 1040X - amended return - in TurboTax Desktop software.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies