How do I know if I withdrew my RMD from my account?

I understand what an RMD is. I don't know how to find out whether or not it was withdrawn from my account.

Did you get a 1099-R?

Required minimum distributions, commonly known as RMD, must begin after you reach age 70 1/2.  Retirement plan administrators meet requirements by determining a substantial equal monthly amount based on expected life. Or in the case of death, the whole amount could be distributed.

You generally have to take an RMD from any retirement account to which you have made tax-deferred contributions or had tax-deferred earnings. These accounts include:

• Traditional IRAs
  • SEP IRAs
  • SIMPLE IRAs
  • 401(k), 403(b) and 457 retirement plans
  • Pension and profit sharing plans
  • Inherited beneficiary qualified accounts 

Nothing about a RMD goes on the tax return whatsoever.  The only reason for the questions is to see if there should be a penalty for failing to take the RMD.  (see image attached)