tom-kuffel

How do I edit the return I am working on? I misstate my IRA contribution? It should be less than it is. Yes, I made a typo.

Enter ira contributions in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to ira contributions

To change a return If you haven't mailed or efiled yet, see

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-want-to-change-a-return-i-ve-printed-but-haven-t...

If you haven't efiled or mailed your return or it rejected you can go back in and change anything you want.  Do not click on Amend!

Click on Add a State to let you back into your return.

From Tax Home (the first screen you see after you sign in), scroll down to Your tax returns & documents. You may have to select Show to open the drop down.

Select 2020, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this is just the workaround).

To get to IRA contributions under

Federal On left

Deductions and Credits

Then scroll down to Retirement and Investments

Traditional and ROTH IRA Contributions - Click the Start or Update button