turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

valor98

How do I correct 1099-R info on PA forms?

I entered my 1099-R information under the Federal section of Turbo Tax. My 1099-R shows a state distribution amount in box 14 and a distribution code of 2 (early retirement) in box 7. When I go into the State Forms, it is not putting the state distribution into the form. It did on last year's forms and when I call the state, they say it's a taxable amount due to the fact that I'm only 57. How can I get the distribution into the state form correctly so I can pay the taxes on it?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Under the federal interview,  try putting  PA in box 13?  Or try deleting the entry in box 14.  Then go back and restart the PA tax interview, see if it flows over to PA.

With a early distribution (code 2), the distribution will be taxable to the extent it exceeds your basis in the retirement plan.  Your basis is the sum of all contributions you have made into the plan (do not include employer contributions or earnings)  less the sum of all previous distributions made through the years.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Under the federal interview,  try putting  PA in box 13?  Or try deleting the entry in box 14.  Then go back and restart the PA tax interview, see if it flows over to PA.

With a early distribution (code 2), the distribution will be taxable to the extent it exceeds your basis in the retirement plan.  Your basis is the sum of all contributions you have made into the plan (do not include employer contributions or earnings)  less the sum of all previous distributions made through the years.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing

Related Content

Manage cookies