valor98

How do I correct 1099-R info on PA forms?

I entered my 1099-R information under the Federal section of Turbo Tax. My 1099-R shows a state distribution amount in box 14 and a distribution code of 2 (early retirement) in box 7. When I go into the State Forms, it is not putting the state distribution into the form. It did on last year's forms and when I call the state, they say it's a taxable amount due to the fact that I'm only 57. How can I get the distribution into the state form correctly so I can pay the taxes on it?

Under the federal interview,  try putting  PA in box 13?  Or try deleting the entry in box 14.  Then go back and restart the PA tax interview, see if it flows over to PA.

With a early distribution (code 2), the distribution will be taxable to the extent it exceeds your basis in the retirement plan.  Your basis is the sum of all contributions you have made into the plan (do not include employer contributions or earnings)  less the sum of all previous distributions made through the years.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing