You will need your 1099R in order to file. The IRS will have this information and match it to your return.
If you have not received a 1099-R from Merrill then contact them as this should have been mailed by January 31st. You can import the 1099-R directly into your return or as another option you may be able to download your 1099-R from their website and enter the information manually.
You should get a 1099-R if you received $10 or more from a retirement plan. Here's how to enter your 1099-R in TurboTax:
- Open (continue) return if you don't already have it open.
- Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-R and select the Jump to link in the search results.
- Answer Yes on the Your 1099-R screen, then select Continue.
- If you land on the Your 1099-R Entries screen instead, select Add Another 1099-R.
- Select how you want to enter your 1099-R (import or type it in yourself) and then follow the instructions. You can add up to 20 1099-Rs.