turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I "Add more space if needed" for my 'reasonable error'? When I click the button no extra lines are added.

I wasn't sent my RMD and I don't have enough room to explain the error. The "Add more space" button doesn't work.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How can I "Add more space if needed" for my 'reasonable error'? When I click the button no extra lines are added.

You don't need to write a novel ... cut the explanation down to brass tacks  or  attach a complete letter with a mailed in form. 

When "explaining", IRS wants to know what you did. Include dates and amounts.

In some situations , it could be complicated. this is unusual.

Keep it short, simple and to the point.   The data input operator/processor  really doesn't care about a long drawn out story ... just tell them you made the mistake, fixed it and promise it will not happen again.  

For instance : 

Adding form 5329 for forgotten RMD distribution due to misunderstanding with the account custodian ... the error has been corrected and will not happen again in the future.

Keep typing and see if some additional lines magically appear.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies