I am really sorry, but the only way you can lower your tax bill is to open an IRA and contribute money to it. You can do that before April 15, but you'll still be out that money that it takes to open the IRA.
To prevent that from happening this year, go to:
1. Click Federal on the left-hand side menu.
2. Click Other Tax Situations across the top.
3. Click See all uncommon tax situations.
3. Scroll down to Other Tax Forms.
5. Click Start or Revisit by Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes.Answer the questions. Print out the W-4 and take it to your personnel office.