Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi I need to talk to someone to help me enter my mom's social security benefits statement so she can receive her stimulas payment .like my dad has already received his .

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Hi I need to talk to someone to help me enter my mom's social security benefits statement so she can receive her stimulas payment .like my dad has already received his .

There is no need to file a tax return if she receives Social Security benefits.

See this US Treasury website - https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967

she doesn't receive the benefits my dad does. He received his $ ... My mom didn't receive her $... What do I do?

My dad receives s s retirement. My mom gets some $ from his .but she did not receive the stimulates payment only my dad did .he got 1,200 .shouldnt it be 2,400?

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

If your mom receives Social Security income, then she should receive her stimulus payment automatically (unless she filed a joint tax return with her spouse).  It will be direct deposited into the same account as her Social Security benefits.

The amount should be $1200 per person.  The payment would be $2400 only if a couple filed a Married Filing Joint tax return in order to receive their stimulus payment.

All stimulus payments have not been made yet.  The IRS will continue to process and send them throughout the year.  

You can use the tool available through the IRS site that will allow you to check the status of a stimulus payment.  Click the following link:  Get My Payment

@sharanleeslack

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies