Hi, I have a 1099 R with only box 1 and 7 (W) filled in. Turbotax is now asking me what i did with the money and I haven't moved/touched it. What do I do?

ellencoffey92

I filled in all I could (I only had information in box one and seven with sevens distributions code being W) and Turbotax is asking me "What I did with the money?" but I haven't touched the funds. Is my tax info wrong or what is going on?
PaulaM

No, you did nothing wrong. Primarily, the question wants to know if you rolled your money (all or part) to another retirement account. The follow-up questions for a 'yes' response determines the tax treatment.

If you entered your form exactly as it is reported and didn't move the money to another retirement account, mark the 'no' radio button. Code W means your distribution is excludable from income.

To verify that the form is reflected properly on your return:

• Select My Account
  • Tools
  • View Tax Summary from the blue links
  • Preview my 1040 in white space under My Account
  • Scroll to line 16 a and b
  • Total distribution should be listed on line 16a, and 16b (or 15 a and 15 b depending on the 1099-R) should have a '0'

See attachment