• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bongobear3882

Hey there! I don't have Form 5498 for my Simplified Employee Plan. Can you advise what to put on the tax form?

Also, the money in my SEP isn't invested--it's still cash. I assume I would still enter the cash value as of Dec. 31, 2016?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

Hey there! I don't have Form 5498 for my Simplified Employee Plan. Can you advise what to put on the tax form?

Put nothing. You only enter info about your IRA or SEP if you put money in or take it out.

Form 5498 is an informational form for reporting activity in a qualified retirement plan to the IRS, by the plan administrator. It is not used to input any information into your tax return. Keep your copy for your records.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

Put nothing. You only enter info about your IRA or SEP if you put money in or take it out.

Form 5498 is an informational form for reporting activity in a qualified retirement plan to the IRS, by the plan administrator. It is not used to input any information into your tax return. Keep your copy for your records.

bongobear3882

Terrific, thank you for your help--much appreciated!
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v