ebymukht

Hello, I have a 1099-G that only has 5 boxes. It appears state & federal taxes were withheld but sense I do not have boxes 10a, 10b or 11 do I leave these fields blank?

macuser_22

What state?

Is there state tax withheld in any box?  Is federal tax withheld - if so what box is it in?

ebymukht

Thank you for your response.  The federal is in box 3 and state withholdings is listed in box 4 

ebymukht

It is the state of Maryland

macuser_22

I don't know why but ML is using a non standard 1099-G form.    You should ask the issuer what to do because tax software can only accept the official IRS 1099-G form that looks like this.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1099g_20.pdf

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 3.10.11 PM.jpg

ebymukht

Thank you for your help.  I appreciate it!