turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

scodanri

Hello, I already filed 3 weeks ago. But, I then received a 1099-R form regarding an IRA fund that was a distribution which was rolled over into another IRA.

Will I need to refile to document this transaction?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Hello, I already filed 3 weeks ago. But, I then received a 1099-R form regarding an IRA fund that was a distribution which was rolled over into another IRA.

If you already filed your return without the 1099-R, then you should amend your taxes to include the form even if it doesn't affect the outcome of your refund/payment. The IRS matches forms they receive with forms that you report. 

But wait until the original return is fully processed. If you had a refund/tax payment due wait until you receive the refund or the payment is processed. After the original return is fully processed, select the link below for amending instructions.

In the meantime, make no changes to your original return. This can really mess things up. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

If you already filed your return without the 1099-R, then you should amend your taxes to include the form even if it doesn't affect the outcome of your refund/payment. The IRS matches forms they receive with forms that you report. 

But wait until the original return is fully processed. If you had a refund/tax payment due wait until you receive the refund or the payment is processed. After the original return is fully processed, select the link below for amending instructions.

In the meantime, make no changes to your original return. This can really mess things up. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies