turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Have filed my fed and state taxes with withdrawal on 15th of July... but no withdrawal has been made...I have turbotax receipts...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Have filed my fed and state taxes with withdrawal on 15th of July... but no withdrawal has been made...I have turbotax receipts...

When will my tax payment go through?

(If you’re filing your taxes on July 15 and are having direct debit issues, go here.)

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day.

Now, if you filed right before (or on) the busy July 15, 2020 deadline, the IRS may not be able to debit your payment until after the deadline, due to high e-filing volume. In addition, it can take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.

No worries; as long as you filed your return or extension on or before July 15, 2020 and you selected July 15, 2020 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment. 

In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account — if you still don't see the debit 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.

Another thing you might check, is to download a NEW PDF copy of your tax returns.  Then look for the separate "Electronic Filing Instructions in the Federal and State section of that new PDF file.....check the Bank routing and account numbers to make sure they are correct.  (In past years, some Bank of America routing numbers are different for a D.Debit than is shown on their checks..not sure that is still the case or not).

But the Fed and State D.Debit info should show separately on both of those Filing Instructions forms...(examples are from prior years, but still in effect for the current software):

00_DirDebit_Fed_EFile_Instructions.png

00_DirDebit_NC2018_EFile_Instructions.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies