gil02lo

Got married last year how do my wife and I file our 1099-G? Do I combine the refund or...?

Zbucklyo

Assuming the 1099-G is for state income tax refunds, you enter the refunds of whomever of you itemized deductions and took a deduction for state income taxes paid in 2016.  If neither itemized, enter 0, if one of you did, enter that amount, if both of you did, sum them.

Zbucklyo

gil02lo

1099-G is for state income tax refund.  I itemized for 2016 tax year and my wife didn't.  Based on your answer since I did, I enter my state tax refund for 2016, and since she didn't itemized I don't include her state tax refund for 2017.