Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
sandan1234

Got 1099r. state tax wen to MD. all Work tax went to WV. Do I have to use the Money I too out on both Returns?

Do I have to report the Distribution on both State returns or just MD where the taxed money went?

MaryK1

You would only pay the state tax for 1099-R in the state you were a resident of when it was received.  However, if you live in West Virginia, you will have to file a nonresident Maryland tax return and show zero income to get the withholding back.

MaryK1