turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Grungeman
Returning Member

Where do I input data from form 5498 on the edit page of the 1099R, or what block to I use. Can not find a roll over within 60 Days input box

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Where do I input data from form 5498 on the edit page of the 1099R, or what block to I use. Can not find a roll over within 60 Days input box

Form 5498 is an information return.  It is not used to report information on your tax return.  There is no "roll over within 60 Days input box".  After you enter(ed) the 1099-R, there is a page that asks "What Did You Do With The Money From [Retirement Plan]"? See Screen Shot #1 below.

Be sure you indicate that you "rolled over all of this money to an IRA or other retirement account (or returned it to the same account)." See Screen Shot #2 below.

This is how you indicate that you did a rollover within 60 days.  Answering these questions correctly will result in your distribution showing up as non-taxable.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Form 5498 is an information return.  It is not used to report information on your tax return.  There is no "roll over within 60 Days input box".  After you enter(ed) the 1099-R, there is a page that asks "What Did You Do With The Money From [Retirement Plan]"? See Screen Shot #1 below.

Be sure you indicate that you "rolled over all of this money to an IRA or other retirement account (or returned it to the same account)." See Screen Shot #2 below.

This is how you indicate that you did a rollover within 60 days.  Answering these questions correctly will result in your distribution showing up as non-taxable.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies