Solved: For my 2016 taxes, I chose to make an IRA contribution in the Jan to April 2017 window where it’s allowed. Does that contribution also count on my 2017 taxes?

For my 2016 taxes, I chose to make an IRA contribution in the Jan to April 2017 window where it’s allowed. Does that contribution also count on my 2017 taxes?

No, if you made an IRA contribution for the 2016 tax year, the deduction for this contribution would have been on your 2016 tax return. You will not include IRA contributions made in Jan through April of 2017 for the 2016 tax year on your 2017 tax return.