turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kjjmarino
Returning Member

Entered 1099-R for myself. When doing state taxes,has my husband's name. I deleted entire entry and reentered. Still comes up under wrong name.

Entered 1099-R belonging to me.  When doing state taxes, it comes up under my husband's name.  I deleted entry and re-entered and it is still incorrect.  

;

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMc

Entered 1099-R for myself. When doing state taxes,has my husband's name. I deleted entire entry and reentered. Still comes up under wrong name.

Please delete the Form 1099-R again.

As you begin to enter the data again, pause at the screen titled, "Tell Us Which 1099-R You Have." After you select the appropriate radio button among the four choices, you will find "This Form 1099-R belongs to" and a pair of radio buttons next to your spouse's name and your name. Select the button adjacent to your name and continue through the remainder of the form.

The selection between you and your spouse does not appear when you are editing a Form 1099-R, only during the original data entry, which may be why you were having trouble.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelMc

Please delete the Form 1099-R again.

As you begin to enter the data again, pause at the screen titled, "Tell Us Which 1099-R You Have." After you select the appropriate radio button among the four choices, you will find "This Form 1099-R belongs to" and a pair of radio buttons next to your spouse's name and your name. Select the button adjacent to your name and continue through the remainder of the form.

The selection between you and your spouse does not appear when you are editing a Form 1099-R, only during the original data entry, which may be why you were having trouble.

kjjmarino
Returning Member

I deleted entire entry and reentered it.  The Federal side is correct.  When I run the state side, it still belongs to my husband.  
kjjmarino
Returning Member

This time...on the state size, the amount that I rolled over belongs to my husband.  As I advance, they ask me the same questions referring to the same amount that I rolled over.  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies