• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wldtexas

During review, asked for detailed explanation for Line 3b Col-a, which is calculated by TT. Post said right click on line, does not work. How is it calculated?

3 Replies
cabe-franklin
Level 2

During review, asked for detailed explanation for Line 3b Col-a, which is calculated by TT. Post said right click on line, does not work. How is it calculated?

Not sure if you are asking about Form 1116, but if so I have the same issue.  I think this is relevant from the IRS instructions: 

>>>Line 3b. Enter on line 3b any other deductions that don't definitely relate to any specific type of income (for example, the deduction for alimony paid from Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 31a).<<<

For me this was an IRA contribution and self-employment tax.  Not tied to any particular geography, so the form lets you use a share of them here. 

cabe-franklin
Level 2

Not sure if you are asking about Form 1116, but if so I have the same issue.  I think this is relevant from the IRS instructions: 

>>>Line 3b. Enter on line 3b any other deductions that don't definitely relate to any specific type of income (for example, the deduction for alimony paid from Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 31a).<<<

For me this was an IRA contribution and self-employment tax.  Not tied to any particular geography, so the form lets you use a share of them here. 

cabe-franklin
Level 2

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v