betaylor3

Due to Covid exemption we did not take IRA distributions for 2020 and did not receive 1099-R's. When I put 0's in 1099-R boxes in Turbo Tax it acts as if I made an error

Since you did not have a distribution in 2020 and did not receive a Form 1099-R, there is no reason why you should be trying to enter a 1099-R on the 2020 tax return.

Delete whatever 1099-R that you have entered.

RayW7

If you did not receive any 1099-R's just delete the forms as they are probably carryover from last year.

Here's the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

-follow these links for more information-

When to Use Tax Form 1099-R: Distributions From ... - TurboTax