charleigh202

Doesn't Turbo Tax double check for mistakes on our end? I placed the same amount on two different lines resulting in money owed to the IRS.

It was to my understanding that Turbo Tax checks for mistakes that we make. I accidentally added my 401(k) contributions to the IRA line as well. This actually doubled a benefit that I need to repay now.

TonyL

Turbotax checks for accurate calculations with the data that is entered. We have no way of knowing if you did or didn't make an IRA contribution in addition to your 401(k) contributions. 

And how would TT know that you did not also have an IRA?
charleigh202

Evidently I placed the same amount on 2 different spots. I would have thought the identical amounts might have been a red flag.
TonyL