marilynhoman

Does form 1099-R for Military Retirement from my ex husband belong in the first box 1099-R income or the second box. It gives me a refund of $600.

*I just don't know where to post this.  I've had this form 1099-R for years.
If I enter it in the first box, that is where it gives me the extra refund.  If I enter it in the second box, then the $600 goes away.
DanaB27

You will have to enter your 1099-R exactly as it is shown on the form. For example if it shows an amount in box 1 then you enter it in box 1 in TurboTax.

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click on the Search box on the top and type “1099-R”
  3. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” and enter your 1099-R

JLDeking21

When I enter the amount of my 1099 R it doubles the amount from $ 4,000 to $9,000. Why does it double my amount?

gloriah5200

Your DFAS should show the same amount in box 2a as is in box 1. Neither box in 2b should be   marked.

The amount of Military retirement from DFAS reported on Form 1099-R is fully taxable.

You will need to review the input to be sure everything was input correctly to determine why it is doubling your amount.