Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mrd2512

Excess 401k Deferral Preventing E-file

I followed the steps in this thread: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4698409-excess-401-k-contribution-preventing-e-file. However, as experienced by others, the system spots an error and enters a feedback loop that prevents e-filing until the Federal Return is "Fixed."

That being said, I decided to file by mail. However, upon doing so, I noticed my state (New York) actually requires income tax returns prepared using software to be e-filed. So, it turns out filing by mail is not an option.

Unfortunately, the TurboTax system prevents me from e-filing the state return unless I also e-file the Federal return (which I cannot do because of the feedback loop mentioned above).

Obviously, this puts me in a position where I am unable to file my taxes (due to the error on the 401k excess deferral and the e-filing requirement on the State Return). It seems as though TurboTax is planning a software update to resolve this issue. However, it appears the date by which TurboTax plans to fix the bug has been pushed out from 4/5 to 4/12. Given we are fast-approaching the 4/15 deadline, could we get confirmation that this bug will in fact be fixed?

If this issue is not being resolved, I will need to find another tax filing software.

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

It will be resolved this Friday, April 12th, 2019.  Check the update here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7327357

mrd2512

Do you have any sense for by what time on April 12th it will be resolved?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies