Solved: Do we owe taxes on a portion of our social security benefits,although my husband is 68 and I turned 66 in 2018? I no longer work, and my husband is self employed?

amy4

Do we owe taxes on a portion of our social security benefits,although my husband is 68 and I turned 66 in 2018? I no longer work, and my husband is self employed?

JohnW15

You may owe taxes on part of your social security income, even though you and your husband are both past 65 -- it depends on how much other income you have.

When social security is your only income, it won't be taxable to you. 

But... when you receive income other than social security, part of your social security income might be taxable.  Please see the TurboTax FAQ "Is my Social Security income taxable?" below for a more complete explanation.

JohnW15