turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yen46

Do I qualfy for IRS contribution after retirement, but still receive W2 form from deffered compansation?

I still received W2 form which is from company non-qualified income defferal  program  before I retire. Can I contribute to 401K (or IRA) this year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

Do I qualfy for IRS contribution after retirement, but still receive W2 form from deffered compansation?

No, this income does not count for the purpose of making a retirement contribution. Even though it comes to you on a W-2, this income was earned in an earlier year, and therefore does not count as earned income in the current year.

Income that counts and does not count as compensation for an IRA contribution can be found at this web site.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

No, this income does not count for the purpose of making a retirement contribution. Even though it comes to you on a W-2, this income was earned in an earlier year, and therefore does not count as earned income in the current year.

Income that counts and does not count as compensation for an IRA contribution can be found at this web site.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies