turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

p34580

Do I need manually enter a 2016 rollover from a pension account to a traditional IRA into the IRA Information Worksheet since TurboTax doesn't show it?

Note -- I entered the 1099-R showing the distribution. However, the amount does not show up in the IRA Information worksheet, and there doesn't seem to be any place in the step-by-step instructions for reporting the IRA basis and value.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

Do I need manually enter a 2016 rollover from a pension account to a traditional IRA into the IRA Information Worksheet since TurboTax doesn't show it?

Other than as part of your December 31, 2016 traditional IRA balance, if needed, nothing of this rollover should appear on the IRA Information Worksheet.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

Was this a non-periodic distribution from your pension?
Did your distribution from the pension account include any after-tax basis (normally shown in box 5 of the Form 1099-R)?
p34580

Yes, this was a total distribution. It did not include any after-tax basis.
dmertz
Level 15

Other than as part of your December 31, 2016 traditional IRA balance, if needed, nothing of this rollover should appear on the IRA Information Worksheet.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies