Solved: Do I have to file taxes if I had no income last year and drew 100% social security disability? I am 64 years old.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fluffy1978

Do I have to file taxes if I had no income last year and drew 100% social security disability? I am 64 years old.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Level 4

Do I have to file taxes if I had no income last year and drew 100% social security disability? I am 64 years old.

No, if your only income last year was social security disability, you are not required to file a Tax Return. 

[The only exception to this is if you are using the Married Filing Separately filing status.]

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SweetieJean
Level 15

Are you married?
fluffy1978

No
Rachel_W
Level 4

No, if your only income last year was social security disability, you are not required to file a Tax Return. 

[The only exception to this is if you are using the Married Filing Separately filing status.]

View solution in original post

SweetieJean
Level 15

Did you file married Joint?
fluffy1978

no.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings