Do I enter my state retirement pension information...

rhartless

Do I enter my state retirement pension information under the W2 section or is there a page other that a W2 section to enter state pension income?

WendyN2

Yes, there is a completely different section for entering pension income and related information. What you want to do when you're in your account is to follow these steps:

At the top of your screen, click on the tab "Personal" > then click on "Personal Income> and then click on "Deductions and Credits > Then, scroll down a bit until you see the section titled "Retirement and Investments" > and then there will be a list of items - you will want to click "View All" to find the category of Pension Income that you are receiving from the State in order to enter the information into the proper screens. This information will then flow to your State Return Module as well once you're finished with your Federal Tax questionnaire. I hope this helps!

SteamTrain

??????????????  Deductions&Credits ????????????

I know the SE version navigation is different from the others, but it can't be that far different.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*