Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I combine y box 18 lines on my W-2, since they are withholding local tax to the same place?

I'm getting this error, "Ohio will not accept this return until the duplicated school district withholding is corrected."
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

Do I combine y box 18 lines on my W-2, since they are withholding local tax to the same place?

Yes if you know for sure that they are the same taxiing locality. Why would your employer do that

Boxes 18-20 are used for both City Income Tax (CIT) and School District (SD) Income Tax (SDIT).  It could be you have both a city and a SD with the same name.

Your employer is required to withhold CIT for the the city you work in.  He should not withhold for the work location SD. Ohio residents are only taxed by the residence SD

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Hal_Al
Level 15

Yes if you know for sure that they are the same taxiing locality. Why would your employer do that

Boxes 18-20 are used for both City Income Tax (CIT) and School District (SD) Income Tax (SDIT).  It could be you have both a city and a SD with the same name.

Your employer is required to withhold CIT for the the city you work in.  He should not withhold for the work location SD. Ohio residents are only taxed by the residence SD

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies