Make sure you are not entering your retirement plan contribution twice. If you have a retirement plan at work, your contributions are reported on your W-2 in box 12 with one of the codes listed below. You should only enter this information in the W-2 section of TurboTax.
W-2 Box 12 codes for employer-sponsored retirement plans:
- D: Contributions to your 401(k) plan
- E: Contributions to your 403(b) plan
- F: Contributions to your 408(k)(6) plan
- G: Contributions to your 457(b) plan
- H: Contributions to your 501(c)(18)(D) plan
- S: Contributions to your 408(p) SIMPLE plan
- AA: Designated Roth contributions under a section 401(k) plan
- BB: Designated Roth contributions under a section 403(b) plan
- EE: Designated Roth contributions under a governmental section 457(b) plan
If you have an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) outside of work, follow the instructions in the FAQ below to enter your contributions in TurboTax.
Where do I enter my Traditional or Roth IRA? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4792466