turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

W2 section D lists IRA contributions for 2016. Do I also list these under the IRA Retirement section? This changes my refund amount so I want to make sure this is allowed

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
KenH1

W2 section D lists IRA contributions for 2016. Do I also list these under the IRA Retirement section? This changes my refund amount so I want to make sure this is allowed

If there is a code D in box 12 of your W2, that means that your retirement contributions have already been accounted for.  Make sure you enter this on the W2 screen.  Do not enter this in the IRA section if it's on your W2.

dmertz
Level 15

jdmegvaughn, code D indicates that your contributions were to a 401(k), not an IRA.
KenH1

Correct, but I assume the poster meant 401k, given that there is a W2.
dmertz
Level 15

My comment was directed at the poster.

dmertz, Turbotax KenH was correct, I meant 401k.  Thanks for everyone's help.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies