turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jj-d-2015

My husband receives a military pension after serving 22 years in the Army. Where does this go on the form?

Where do you put a military pension on the tax return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My husband receives a military pension after serving 22 years in the Army. Where does this go on the form?

Did you receive a form 1099-R reporting the pension? If not, you should have; please contact the pension administrator.

If you did receive the 1099-R, then Search for 1099-r (yes, lower case), jump to it, and enter the data from the form.

Be sure to answer the questions that follow that may relate to the source of the pension. This can be important to state returns.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Did you receive a form 1099-R reporting the pension? If not, you should have; please contact the pension administrator.

If you did receive the 1099-R, then Search for 1099-r (yes, lower case), jump to it, and enter the data from the form.

Be sure to answer the questions that follow that may relate to the source of the pension. This can be important to state returns.

jj-d-2015

Thanks!!!!!!!!  I appreciate the help!!!  This stumps me every year so happy to get an answer.

Great!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies