• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgwillis_76137

Can the amount my ex wife gets from my Railroad retirement pension under a Qualified domestic order be counted as alimony and thereby be entitled to a deduction?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NewGuy

Can the amount my ex wife gets from my Railroad retirement pension under a Qualified domestic order be counted as alimony and thereby be entitled to a deduction?

If it is never reported as income to you, then it is not considered alimony and is not deductible.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
NewGuy

is that money reported on your 1099-R or paid to her directly and never reported as income to you?
dgwillis_76137

Paid to her directly
NewGuy

If it is never reported as income to you, then it is not considered alimony and is not deductible.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v