Solved: Can the amount my ex wife gets from my Railroad retirement pension under a Qualified domestic order be counted as alimony and thereby be entitled to a deduction?

dgwillis_76137

Can the amount my ex wife gets from my Railroad retirement pension under a Qualified domestic order be counted as alimony and thereby be entitled to a deduction?

NewGuy

If it is never reported as income to you, then it is not considered alimony and is not deductible.

NewGuy

is that money reported on your 1099-R or paid to her directly and never reported as income to you?
dgwillis_76137

Paid to her directly
NewGuy