Solved: Can the amount my ex wife gets from my Railroad retirement pension under a Qualified domestic order be counted as alimony and thereby be entitled to a deduction?

Can the amount my ex wife gets from my Railroad retirement pension under a Qualified domestic order be counted as alimony and thereby be entitled to a deduction?

If it is never reported as income to you, then it is not considered alimony and is not deductible.

is that money reported on your 1099-R or paid to her directly and never reported as income to you?

Paid to her directly