lumbee45

Can someone help me. My husband died July 25, 2020. Last year we filed Jointly with me as primary. Do I file jointly again because he received Social Security?

How do I file this year? We received the $2,400 but I have not gotten the $600 yet. How do I file?

Sorry for your loss.  Yes you can file a Joint return for 2020.  Just file as before with both your incomes.  You can get the Stimulus payments.  I think you will also the 600 for him too.  There will be a screen asking for the amounts you already received.  

pk

@lumbee45  I am so sorry for your loss.  

Since  the passing of your husband was in 2020, you still  can file as Married Filing Joint for the year 2020.  Thereafter you are a widow ( essentially treated as single ) for tax purposes unless  you have dependents  for whom you maintain a household -- in which case you can continue  to file as Head of Household.

Dose this help or is there more I can do for you ?

fanfare

If you have a dependent, file as a Qualifying Widow for 2021, not Head of Household.