Solved: Can medical "level of care" fees charged by my retirement home be deducted and is this done under the Facility Fees area in Medical? Thank you

hunnybon

Can medical "level of care" fees charged by my retirement home be deducted and is this done under the Facility Fees area in Medical? Thank you

There are 6 levels of care -- dependent on how much help you need from nursing staff to perform Activities of Daily Living, dispense medication, assist with ambulation, etc.

DS30

Yes and you can put the amount under the facility fees in TurboTax.

Here is a link for more information about claiming medical expenses on your tax return

DS30