turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I use my 2019 Benefits Verification Letter Full Benefits Amount to calculate my Box 5 - Net Benefits for 2019 for entering benefits amount for 2019 - lost SSA-1099?

I am disabled, and cannot locate my SSA-1099 for 2019, and the MY SSA site is for some reason not texting my the verification code for validating my email and phone number, and I would like to not have to wait 10 business days to receive a physical piece of mail they could send me as an alternative to the text verification code.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

Can I use my 2019 Benefits Verification Letter Full Benefits Amount to calculate my Box 5 - Net Benefits for 2019 for entering benefits amount for 2019 - lost SSA-1099?

No, you will need your SSA-1099 form as it also shows how much was taken for medicare premiums for the year. There may also be other important information needed. It is easy to get a copy of this form Please view this social security link for directions to do so. You also have until July 15, 2020, to file your tax return as the tax deadline e has been extended due to the coronavirus.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies