gonghec

Can i take my rmd from 1 ira acount before Apl. 1 2018 for both the before Apl. 1 2018 one and the 2018 end one together? I DOB Oct 1946.

dmertz

Yes.  Even if you make separate distributions, the payer will report a single combined total on the 2018 Form 1099-R for the distributions from this account.  Some people still choose to make separate distributions so that they appear on their account statements as separate amounts, but this is not necessary.  All the IRS cares about is that the total that you took from your IRAs for the year (plus the amount for your first RMD year delayed to the beginning of the following year) agrees with the total required to be taken from your IRAs.

dmertz