Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I stay with the Free Edition (save $59) and delete the Retirement Savings Contribution Credit ($8)? I am losing $51 by doing this.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Can I stay with the Free Edition (save $59) and delete the Retirement Savings Contribution Credit ($8)? I am losing $51 by doing this.

Yes, you can. To remove the credit, go to the Retirement Savings Contribution Credit topic in the interview. When it asks you if you were a full-time student during any five months of 2021, answer Yes. That will make you ineligible for the credit and will allow you to return to the free version. To return to the free version, go to Tax Tools > Return to Free.

To get to the topic, in the Search box type "retirement savings contributions credit" (without the quotes), then click the link that says "Jump to retirement savings contributions credit."

Thanks to user dmertz for this solution.

Use one of the IRS FREE FILE options and keep the Credit and pay no prep fees at all :  

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies